Monday, March 15, 2010

" The discovery of the North Pole is one of those realities which could not be avoided'. It is the wages which human perseverance pays itself when it thinks that something is taking too long."- quote by Karl Kraus, an Austrian journalist, playwright and poet (1874-1936)

Yes!!! The wait is over, after a year long preparation I am off to the Arctic Circle in less than 24 hours time. This is definitely going to be the most exciting scientific expedition I have ever undertaken and I am very much looking forward to it. I am flying to Goa tomorrow to meet up with the other members of the Indian Arctic Expedition Team followed by a briefing before we head off to Oslo, Norway. The final destination will be Ny Alesund near Svalbard, one of the entry points to Arctic.

I will update this blog whenever I can along with photos. Thank you everybody for taking the time out and visiting this blog!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment